Tuesday, May 15, 2012

London Calling

This morning I woke up super early and could NOT fall back asleep.  Of course right?   So I decided I am going to catch up on my blog from the past couple weeks I have been in Europe.  Where do I even begin???  I have done so much, see so much, and had soo much fun!!  I am just so grateful to be having all of these amazing adventures.  The first day we arrived was a whirlwind.  I was able to sleep the entire flight so I really didn't have much jet lag.  It was great!  The first thing we did when we got out of the airport was a bus tour of the city.  Holy moly.  It was amazing.  We saw almost the entire city in one afternoon.  We were able to see the changing of the guards and Buckingham Palace during this mini tour.  I loved it!  We then arrived out our hotel and my immediate reaction was (to say it in a nice way) not too positive.  The hotel use to be a military hospital and was preeetty creepy.  The beds were harder than rocks (I have bruises to prove it) and the people next to me liked to smoke something funky every night.  But, it turned out to be just fine.  It is located in a great location right next to Hyde Park.  We explored our barrings a little before heading off the bed that night.  The next day was started off great.  We went to the beautiful Kensington Palace.  It has been turned into a museum featuring Princess Diana, Prince Albert and Queen Victoria, Queen Ann, and another king (I can't remember his name right now).   Such a fun way to start our journey!!  While we were waiting in line we saw Matt Lauer from the Today show!  I was able to meet him for a second and even take a quick pic!  After browsing the museum we walked around the park, got some fish and chips, and were off to our next appointment.  We met with a couture hat maker named Prudence.  She was a nut.  She makes all of her hats my hand and works with some of the greatest designers.  She taught us how she goes about doing her business in such a small market.  When we were finished there we explored the city and called it an early night.  Everyone was still pretty groggy from the plane. 

 










No comments:

Post a Comment